Houseboats/dutch barges/narrowboats and moorings for sale!
Houseboats/dutch barges/narrowboats are a great way to live on a river or canal. Moorings, even in Central London can now be obtained at very good prices (In London even next to Canary Wharf, they are available for approximately £350 - £400 per month). You can list your houseboat/dutch barge/narrowboat or mooring for sale or search for a converted boat or unconverted barge to buy. Unconverted boats and barges are obviously far cheaper and allow you to put your own mark on - however, they can be a lot of work!
What to look out for when buying a Houseboat/dutch barge/narrowboat or mooring:
- Condition: Is the boat you want to buy in good condition inside and out? Is there a survey available?
- Layout: Boats come in a variety of layouts, some practical and make good use of space, others not so. Is the boat you are looking for good for space, light and practicality?
- Mooring: Does the boat come with a mooring? Is it residential mooring or leisure only? Bear in mind that leisure moorings do not usually allow you to stay for more than a few days per week. Is the mooring in a secure environment? If a residential mooring, is it located to relevant amenities? What does the mooring include? Can you transfer the mooring and can you put a different boat on your new mooring? There are often restrictions on the type of boat allowed on moorings, especially in Central London.
What to include when selling a Houseboat/dutch barge/narrowboat or mooring:
- Condition: Make sure you give a good description of the condition so buyers are aware. Include details such as when it was last anti-fouled or if it needs anti-fouling. Include information about the hull, engine and interior.
- Potential: If the boat needs work doing to it, highlight the potential for the boat, if it just needs tlc or it requires more than DIY work. highlight that this is reflected in the price.
- Detail: If you are selling a mooring or a boat with mooring, make sure you list details such as location, type of mooring, nearest tube/train/motorway and the various local amenities. Include information such as the charges per month, what is included and details of the transfer rights/type of boat that is acceptable and boat transfer information.
- Photos: Add as many photos as you can to provide as much insight into the boat or mooring as possible
To list your Houseboat/dutch barge/narrowboat or mooring for sale now CLICK HERE