Barn conversions for sale! Conversions for sale including barns, derelict barns, barn, school, railway carriage, station, double decker bus, pub/public house conversions..
Barns, barn conversions, derelict barns, schools/pubs and railway conversions make superb homes. Apart from the latter, there are many other different original buildings that can be converted including old bakery buildings, quaint shops, water towers/industrial and public houses. There are plenty of things to look out for when buying an original building for a conversion project. Make sure your mortgage will allow you to buy the property, get planning permission/submit plans, work out a budget and hire recommended tradespeople.
What to look out for when buying a barns for sale & pub conversions, school conversions, pub conversion etc
- Building Regulations: When you do certain DIY jobs on a property (barn conversion or otherwise), often major alterations such as moving a bathroom from the bottom floor to the top floor, would require building regulations approval, check it out before you do it Click Here To Visit The Government's Planning Advice Website
- Planning Permission: Planning permission: Does the original barn or other building/property you want to convert have planning permission to be converted into your dream house? You may need to hire an architect to draw up plans and submit them to your local planning office for approval. Check whether there is outline planning permission and also check whether permission has been turned down before.
- Local Area: Often, property not originally intended for use as a dwelling has unusual or exclusive surroundings. It is worth checking what these are such as a nuclear bunker could be great for a conversion, but very isolated. A Railway building for conversion could be close to a live rail track etc.
What to include when selling a barn or conversion:
- Condition: Make sure you give a good description of the condition of the barn or building so buyers are aware. It is important to list as much as you know about the property.
- Potential: Highlight the potential for the barn or proposed building for conversion, include plans if you have planning permission or outline planning permission to give the potential buyer an idea of what it could be like. Include information like the size of the barn, plot, local area, square footage, mains/electricity available etc), period of the property/building, unique features and room sizes.
- Photos: Add as many photos as you can to provide as much insight into the property as possible.
To list your barn for sale or other conversion, add it to our specific 'Barns & Conversions' Sections and CLICK HERE