Thatched Cottages For Sale! Cottages, Jacobean and Tudor mansions and manors, fine Victorian and Edwardian Houses, Period Homes and Property For Sale!
Cottages and other period property have great character and usually a good story to tell, they also make really unique and unusual homes. You can list your cob cottages, thatched cottages, cottages, Jacobean and Tudor mansions and manors, fine Victorian properties and Edwardian homes, period property for sale or search for one of these stunning properties to buy. There are some great deals on smaller cottages and also some exclusive purchases to be had on slightly more grand offerings!
What to look out for when buying a period property and thatched cottages & period property:
- Condition: If work needs to done, how much work have you got to do? Get quotes from the relevant craftsmen/women if you are going to participate in sympathetic restoration and do not assume any prices..cottages and period property can be very expensive. Grade 1 and 2 listed buildings, especially Tudor and Jacobean, can add much higher premiums to the cost of renovation.
- Damp, rot & subsidence: Many older properties can suffer from damp, rot and subsidence. There are many treatments now available to conquer both damp, rot and subsidence including a very cheap alternative to traditional underpinning: try www.uretek.co.uk
Damp coming through natural earth flooring can often be repaired by re-laying the floor with limecrete, instead of the addition of a DPM (Damp Proof Membrane) and wood rot often needs a specialist in timber decay. Check with your local specialist for more details. Mike Wye are very helpful and experts in limecrete provisions www.mikewye.co.uk
- Grade 1/2 listed: A lot of cottages and period property are protected by Grade 1/2 listing restrictions, this could mean costly renovations that must be sympathetic to the rest of the structure. Is the property you are about to buy Grade 1 or 2 listed?
What to include you want to sell your cottage or period property:
- Condition: Make sure you give a good description of the condition so buyers are aware. Cottages and period property can be expensive to repair so it is better that the buyer knows early on.
- Potential: Highlight the potential for the building, include plans if you have planning permission to give the potential buyer an idea of what it could be like. A small victorian house may have potential extension options..check it out, it can add value.
- Photos: Add as many photos as you can to provide as much insight into the home as possible. Cottages and period property (especially Tudor and Jacobean) have can look fantastic and gain mass appeal - do your property justice and make sure you include good photos.
To list your thatched (or not!) cottage or period property for sale now: CLICK HERE AND ADD YOUR PROPERTY