Churches For Sale! Church conversions and unconverted churches & chapels for sale!
Churches are great for converting to a really unique and unusual property. You can list your church/chapel for sale or search for a converted or unconverted church/chapel to buy. Unconverted churches are obviously far cheaper, but do allow you to put your own mark on - however, they can be a lot work, complex to do and expensive!
What to look out for when buying a church or church/chapel conversion:
- Planning permission: Does the church you want to buy have planning permission to be converted into a dwelling?
- Churchyard Problems: Churchyards are usually public, if you buy a church, do you still have to allow public access to the graveyard and if so, how close is it to your future home?
- Grade 1/2 listed: Many churches are protected by Grade 1/2 listing restrictions, this could mean costly renovations that must be sympathetic to the rest of the structure. Is the church you are about to buy Grade 1 or 2 listed?
- Damp: Damp problems can be a different ball game when it comes to a church. Make sure you get a specialist damp survey performed as the remedy could be more expensive than standard solutions
- Local Area: Not everyone approves of their local church or chapel converted to a residential dwelling by outsiders. Make sure you experience the area first before expecting to 'settle in' wias the new neighbours..
What to include when selling a church:
- Condition: Make sure you give a good description of the condition so buyers are aware
- Potential: Highlight the potential for the church, include plans if you have planning permission to give the potential buyer an idea of what it could be like.
- History & Architecture: Many churches and chapels have interesting architecture and colourful histories. Research this and add it to the description to create an engaging and informative advert
- Photos: Add as many photos as you can to provide as much insight into the church or chapel as possible. Include photos of restoration and highlight design features.
To list your church or church conversion for sale now CLICK HERE